Anna McGregor is devoted to giving her young readers modern, quirky and conceptual stories from the heart.
Now based in Melbourne, Anna grew up in different corners of regional Australia – from the Goldfields to the Tropics. Her career in Graphic Design saw her move to London in her 20s where she caught the travel bug and has now visited six continents. An artist residency in Antarctica is on her bucket list.
Anna finds her ideas by turning the mundane on its head, merging two unrelated thoughts or exploring wordplay – but always with a story that connects to the human experience.
Publishers I’ve worked with:
– HACHETTE (Author, Illustration, Picture Book Designer)
– SCRIBBLE (Author, Illustration, Picture Book Designer)
– LARRIKIN HOUSE (cover design for adult fiction)
– WOODSLANE (cover design and illustration for adult non-fiction)
COLOUROOS – Author, Illustrator & Designer
(published by Lothian Children’s Books/Hachette) April 2019.
ANEMONE IS NOT THE ENEMY – Author, Illustrator & Designer
(published by Scribble/Scribe) November 2020.
A PAIR OF PEARS AND AN ORANGE – Author, Illustrator & Designer
(published by Scribble/Scribe) September 2021.
Winner of the Story Board category in the Scribbles Creative Writing Competition 2018.
Highly Commended in the CYA Conference, published category.
Highly Commended Andrea Pinkney Writer Award at the SCBWI 2016 Bi Annual Conference.
Short-listed in the Picture Book competition of the Writers Unleashed Festival.
Short-listed in the SCWBI Crystal Kite Award.
• SCBWI (Society Childrens Book Writers & Illustrators)
• CBCA Victoria Branch
• ASA (Australian Society of Authors)
• ABDA (Australian Book Design Association)